Yes, it IS possible to successfully breastfeed your twins, triplets or more!
This list is a great place to start learning and researching about breastfeeding your babies. Learning about breastfeeding twins or more and practice, practice, practice once they arrive ensures a satisfying experiences for the whole family.
The following in no way constitutes a complete list as there are many wonderful breastfeeding resources available other than these listed. Don’t limit yourself to just books on breastfeeding multiples. Please feel free to let me know if there is something special you feel that needs to be included.
- Nursing your Infant Twins, booklet, Multiple Births Canada
- Special Delivery: The Handbook for Parents of Triplets, Quadruplets & Quintuplets, booklet, Multiple Births Canada
- Twin Care: Prenatal to Six Months, booklet, Multiple Births Canada
- Expectant & New Parent Support Kit, Multiple Births Canada
- Finding Our Way: Life with Triplets, Quadruplets and Quintuplets ,
- Triplet, Quads & Quints Assoc., 2001, ISBN 0-780968716007
- Mothering Multiples: Breastfeeding & Caring for Twins or More, Karen Kerkhoff Gromada, La Leche League International, 1999, ISBN 0912500514
- Double Duty, Christina Baglivi Tinglof, Contemporary Books, 1998, ISBN 0809230194
- The Joy of Twins and Other Multiple Births, Pamela Patrick Novotny, Crown Trade Paperbacks, Inc., 1994, ISBN 0517880717 (has great diagrams for positioning the babies for simultaneous feeding)
- Expecting twins, triplets and more, Rachel Franklin, 2005, St. Martin ’s Griffin , N.Y. , ISBN 0-312-32823-0
- When You’re Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads, Dr. Barbara Luke and Tamara Eberlein, 1999, Harper Perennial, ISBN 0-06-095723-9
- Side by Side: Breastfeeding Multiples, a 16-minute video by Calgary POMBA and the Calgary Foothills Hospital . Available through the Hospital, Public Affairs Office AGW5, 1403-29 th St. N.W. , Calgary , Alberta , Canada T2N 2T9