An excellent Canadian book offering detailed information regarding your premature baby. Why does premature birth happen? What can you do? How a premature baby may behave (looking at the body language of a premature baby), how the hospital can help, bringing them home, and feeding a premature baby are some of the topics covered in detail.
The photographs of these special babies are simply fabulous. This book would be a great resource for those with a premature baby.
Your Premature Baby: The First Five Years by Nikki Bradford, 2003, Firefly Books, 208 pages
Your Premature Baby is the definitive guide to every aspect of nurturing a child who is born too soon. Reassuring and frank, it is the only book that informs and guides parents right from their baby’s too-early birth into the growing years.
Features of this book:
- Exactly how prematurity affects a baby
- Explains hospital terms, procedures, treatments, and equipment
- What to expect as your baby progresses through treatment and procedures
- Gives advice for coping practically and emotionally
- Help and ideas for parents from when their baby comes home up to age 5
- Discusses the latest research into the causes of prematurity and its preventions
- Offers a wide variety of resources for further information and support