Expecting two or more? Dr. Franklin has a light-hearted, easy to understand writing style, generously laced with humour. Her book takes you through each stage of the pregnancy. She includes chapters on learning the news that you’re having multiples, “…and What To Do About It”, she addresses issues you might expect to face in each trimester of your pregnancy, focusing on nutrition, exercise, and preparing for the babies.
Expecting Twins, Triplets, and More: A Doctor’s Guide to a Healthy and Happy Multiple Pregnancy, Rachel Franklin, M.D., M.O.M.* (*Mother of Multiples), 2005, St. Martin’s Griffin, N.Y., 221 pages
Expecting Twins, Triplets, and More is like having a friend, who also happens to be a doctor, share her experience and expertise to help you best take care of yourself and your babies at this very special time. Dr. Rachel Franklin’s practical wisdom helps you understand the unique circumstances of multiple pregnancy and birth. Throughout and after your pregnancy, Expecting Twins, Triplets, and More will act as an invaluable resource on what to expect, how to cope, and how to enjoy the journey.
Here are some of the topics Dr. Franklin covers in her book:
- Telling family, friends, and coworkers the news
- Choosing a doctor
- Exercising and eating well
- Coping strategies trimester by trimester
- Preparing for labor and delivery
- Understanding potential complications and their solutions
- Navigating the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
- Celebrating the births and bringing home the babies